Re: Inspection II

Richard,

>>  I only wanted to use the 40 weight as a fellow list poster
mentioned BMW had changed to this spec<<

Excuse me?  Bmw as of several months ago, started offering their branded
synthetic in a 5W-30 wt  only!  Does anybody know whether this is Valvoline
or Castrol based oil?  I know that it used to be one, and switched to the
other, at the time this synthetic wt spec changed.  If its Castrol, I wonder
if the news in these threads that Castrol was sued for using a mineral base
in their 'synthetic'  is now transferred to BMW's brand??
Paul Elliott
'99 Alpine White M3; <20000 mi; Forged M dbl-spokes; Rotex pads; Dinan Stage
II Supercharger; Stygar Short Shift Kit and clutch stop; Skaags pedals