e-30 charging problems

Hello folks,
Yesterday I used my 89 325i to jump start another car.  That night, I found
that with my headlights on the car stalls out after sitting at idle for very
long.  It started up and ran fine until the headlights killed the battery.
Now I can start it with a jump as long as the lights are being used.  If I do
have the lights on with the engine running, they get brighter with increased
rpms.  I took the battery to auto zone.  They tested it and said it was good.
 I'm thinking I probably fried some relay that sends juice from the
Alternator to the battery.  I will take the car to the shop on monday, but in
the meantime I'm supposed to be delivering pizza in it.
Hopefully this problem (and the fix) sounds familiar to someone, who can
email me off digest with the solution.  Otherwise I'm out two days of work
while I tinker with it
Thanks for any help,
Jake Hahn
89 325i