Re: dent repair

I have used these guys several times, if the guy is good, it works. They use various steel rods with small flanges/bends at one end and a T-handle on top. They slip in between the window and door edge. By twisting the rod, the flange pushes against the back of the dent. My guy has a plexiglass plate with a magenetic
gooseneck that he attaches to side of car and adjusts so that the plate, which has criss-cross pattern drawn on it, reflects on the dent. If he can get all the lines of the relflection to be straight, then the dent is gone. Takes a fair bit of skill, I would practice on a beater first. He says it is easy to crack the
paint or make the dent worse if you don't know what you are doing. It would be easy to make the tools yourself. you should also know that if dent is too close (1") to the edge of the door you are out of luck, as the steel is double thickness.

Todd Kenyon
'88 M5