Re: Am I crazy

Andrew-

You're not crazy, you're just living in a fantasy world --which isn't necessarily a bad thing unless (as you've discovered) you're looking for someone else to buy into your fantasy. Cosmetically and mechanically you're car sounds like it's in good condition. Electrically it sounds like a nightmare. (Don't get me wrong,
I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying that's the impression.) And as a salvaged car, well, add Freddy Krueger to that nightmare.

According to Kelley's Blue Book, your car (in 'good' condition) has a trade-in value of somewhere around $4,000, maybe ~$500 less with the AC and dash light problems. (It hits $4,500 for 'excellent' but the car, as you've described it, doesn't qualify for that condition). Unless you're willing to wait it out to find
someone with the same vision as you have, that's the target price you're looknig at. Forget about retail (like the NADA average retail price - HA!) or anything else close to it. Trade-in is the number most people look at for a personal sale. (You're not offering a warranty, they have no idea how/if/when the car might
have been refurbished or if it was done correctly, they have no assurance that the car will run beyond your driveway, or start-up the morning after --and you're leaving town. Sha-zaam! Reality bites. When you're part of a group of like-minded enthusiasts, it's difficult to keep the real world in perspective.)

As for the 5-speed being a 'rare' option, well, most often, options are 'rare' because no one ordered them --and that typically means no one wanted them. It's not necessarily a plus unless you encounter someone who feels that it is. Again, that's a waiting game.

- -O'B.
"exceptionally rare" '68 '02