Re: convertible plastic window maintenance

> Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:30:58 -0500
> From: bdup@domain.elided
> Subject: convertible plastic window maintenance
>
> i just got a new rear window for my 95 325i convertible. it was by no
> means inexpensive, but i'm amazed at how clear it is. i swear i don't
> remember it being this clear when it was new.  how long should i expect
> it to last (5 years is probably too long between changes) and what's the
> best way to keep it nice for as long as possible

We have a '98 323i convertible.  Shortly after buying it, I bought Griot's
Garage Plastic Cleaner and Plastic Polish.  I am not yet certain of the
benefit of the cleaner, but the polish definitely keeps the rear window
clear.  You can see the cloudiness disappear as you rub it into the window.
Works very well.  I don't know if there are other products on the market,
but I have generally been very happy with Griot's products.  (You can
browse at http://www.griotsgarage.com.)

		-Mike

'98 323iC
'87 Carrera coupe