RE: E-30 engine oil light

JHahn22@domain.elided [mailto:JHahn22@domain.elided] wrote:

> Anybody know what would cause the engine oil light to come on
> on the "diagnostic cluster" above the rear view mirror.(I'm not
> sure what the official term is but. . .)

Jake,
That's an oil LEVEL warning light. Top up the oil level to above the minimum
level and it will go off.
Not to be confused with the oil PRESSURE (stop now or the engine will seize)
oil light in your instrument cluster.

> It came on tonight and doesn't want to go off. The dipstick says
> I'm in good shape after the car was off for about ten minutes.

Has it always been this way?
Your oil level sensor (screws on top of the oil pan's "L" bottom section)
may be dead or unplugged.

> When I turn the key before the car starts, I have two green
> lights on on the engine service reminder.

That has nothing to do with it.

alex f