RE: seasonal hydraulics

Bob Krejci [mailto:robert.krejci@domain.elided] wrote:

> My 87 535iS has a clutch problem in cold weather. It's rather stubborn
> below 32F getting it in gearin the morning, works after some warm up.
> Could this be moisture in the hydraulic fluid?

Bob,
What you are experiencing is not unusual: your dinosaur transmission oil is
just cold and takes a while to warm up.
You can help things greatly by converting to RedLine MTL lube. Makes a world
of difference in cold weather climates. Shifting into first or reverse on
the coldest winter morning will become nearly as smooth as after the car has
warmed up. RedLine will also improve your shifting smoothness under normal
conditions as well.
I would normall suggest getting MTL from Steve D (www.ultimategarage.com),
but I remember reading that he is no longer selling RedLine products. Try
Turner (www.turnermotorsport.com) or HMS (www.hms-motorsport.com) instead.

good luck,
alex f