Saw an M5 wagon yesterday - how is it possible?

Was driving in Rockville Md yesterday on Research Blvd near my office and a
91-93 black M5 Wagon (!!!) with blacked out wheels (?) and dark windows blew
by me (covered in dirt!).  I didn't even know they make them....or did they?
Or is this another poseur?  Just curious.

On the same day, I spotted a NEW M5 (?) in silver on Rockville Pike driven
by a young, handsome Asian gentlemen and his lady... I followed it for a
while, and then noticed the wheels weren't the chrome M5 wheels, but were
the expensive upgrade sport wheels from a 528i or a 540i.  Could this have
been another poseur - owning a 540 or 528 who took off their logo and
splapped on an ///M Logo on the rear deck instead???  I thought all M5's,
the new ones, would have the new M5 wheels?  Please enlighten me if you
know.
Curious in Silver Spring Md
M7 ............ok, it's a 740i
M5(40)  .....actually, just a 540i