Re Buying a 94 540i

We have a 95 540i... DO NOT buy this car if it has a Nikasil original
engine, as you are buying a POTENTIAL expensive money pit.  The 6 year
warranty is forget-its-ville as far as engine replacement goes... it's over,
so you are totally on your own if your car falls prey to engine failure,
which many of the nikasil engines did (from what I've heard).  If it had the
newer alusil engine and you have it preinspected and it gets the AOK you
should be good to go.  Plenty of power, this thing is a conservatively
dressed  rocketship!  We love ours.  You will too.  What color are you
looking at?  It seems have of these are the Oxford (?) Green.  We have a
Green with light silver interior.  The wheels are a bi**h to keep clean,
inside the spokes, but it's easy to maintain otherwise.
Steve
95 740i
95 540i