Re: H/L Wiring Question

- --- Mike Theuri <mikesoft@domain.elided> wrote:
> I have my euro headlights wired to work like my
> previous headlights. That is the lamps closest to
> the center work as the highs and the others towards
> the ends work as low beams. While I was cleaning the

> headlights yesterday I noticed that the lamps at the

> center had two bulbs in them. The lower bulbs in the

> lamps at the center lamps do not work, but the upper
> ones work as the highs. There is an extra single
> wire at the rear that is not routed anywhere from
> each of the headlights. In the euros do all four
> lamps work as low beams ? Thanks
> Mike Theuri
> 93 318i

I live in the Middle East. I have a '92 E36 with euros
(it is standard here).
Like you mentioned, the inner lamps (closest to the
middle) work as highs and the outers are indeed lows.

The highs have a second set of lamps (lower wattage)
that are parking lamps.

In the "park" position of the h/l switch, the parking
lamps in the inner lights are on.
In the "On" position, both the lows and the parking
lights remain on.
In the high beam mode, the highs are on, in addition
to the lows and the parks.

all bulbs are single filaments. the high wattage bulbs
are 12V55W H-1.

I hope this helps.

Jake.
'92 325i