RE: Brakes on my E36

7mm isn't a standard size for a metric allen key, but it IS a standard size
for a hex socket - the full range (including 5mm) is commonly available in
sockets.  Every hardware store should carry them, Sears certainly does.
Much easier to use a 7mm hex socket on a 3/8" drive ratchet than an allen
key anyways, you don't have to keep removing and reinserting the darn thing.

Jim