Re: E36 M3 Rotors

Thanks to all who replied (Jim Bassett, Karl Zemlin, John A. Virnig,
Ron Buchalski, JUSTIN GERRY).

The consensus appears to be that the diagnosis by my dealer's
mechanic is a crock.  Sure rotors can rust but that does not itself
explain the shimmying.

To review, my wheel shimmies and my brakes pulse under braking.  I
have a 97 M3 with 18K miles that is not a daily driver.  It's endured
4 tracks sessions (about 2 a season) and 1 autocross (and I'm careful
about not using the parking brake at these events).  I keep a garaged
and Columbus is sometimes humid in the summer, but not usually so.

It does seem that the rotors are warped, though I can't explain why.
I'm going to a 3rd party mechanic for a 2nd opinion and to do the
work.

Cheers,
Sam
97 M3