[E36] Replaced microfilter, now there's a rattle

I got around to replacing the microfilter on my 94 325i this weekend.
Hasn't been replaced since I bought the car 30k miles ago.  It was
pretty dirty.  I primarily used Michael Thompson's web page
(http://users.ids.net/~thompson/bmw/microfilter.html) to do the job, but
also cross-referenced with Bentley and Haynes.  Still, I ran into a
couple descrepancies with my particular model:

  o My 94 had the 10mm bolt hidden under the dome light of the glove
    box, contrary to the web page which states this is only for 95 and
    newer cars.

  o The electrical distribution block slid right out of the slot and did
    not need to be unclipped.  Either it doesn't exist or whoever did
    the job last broke the clip.

  o There is a metal frame surrounding the passenger air vent pipes that
    doesn't appear to be there in Michael Thompson's web page pictures.
    Also, the vent pipes have two push pins to hold it in place,  not
    one.  One on top which can be seen clearly, and one way underneath
    that you can't see unless you get under there and look up.  These
    made working with the vent pipes rather difficult.  Luckily for me,
    whoever did the job last apparently couldn't get the vent pipes
    inserted properly, so they just left it loose and didn't connect it
    to any push pins.  Kinda explains why the volume of air coming out
    of them always seemed so small.  It was a real pain putting it back
    in place correctly.

Anyway, the real reason for this post.  After putting the new filter in,
I now hear a slight rattle coming from the general direction of the
filter housing (ie. behind the OBC).  I thought it may be leaves that
loosened up during the job and that they would eventually work
themselves out of the system, however after 2 days now it still rattles.
It rattles very little when not moving, and it seems to get worse as the
car moves.  Has anyone ever experienced this?  Should I remove the
filter and run a vacuum cleaner through the housing and clean up any
debris?  Could I have broken something loose?

Thanks for any help!
Jason