Re: Suspension Rattle on E-36

Ron,

Did you ever replace the Rear Shock Mounts (RSMs) when you replaced your
shocks?  These parts crack and can cause a sound similar tto what you
describe.  See:

http://members.home.com/jsp98m3/shockmounts.html

Since you've upgraded your suspension, you should probably replace the RSMs
with the excellent JTD mounts.  See:

http://www.jt-designs.com/

- -rb

PS: Why would Bilstein void their warranty because you used the Sport shocks
with Eibach springs?  The Bilstein Sport is designed to work with a shorter
spring.  Now, if you used a Bilstein Heavy Duty (which has the normal amount
of travel) with a shorter spring, it could bottom out and be damaged, and
Bilstein wouldn't honor the warranty.