E36 M3 Rotors

Hi,

My brakes now shimmy.  I took my car to the dealer and the tech asked
me a few questions about my driving habits, and suggested that the
problem could be rust (he didn't ask about any track time).

According to him, if you don't drive your M3 everyday, and if you
don't drive it pretty hard, the rotors can rust.  My M3 is not a
daily driver . . . it usually sits during the week and I take it out
perhaps once a week -- sometime less often.

I have noticed some rust on the rotors.  He says that the rust can
make the surface uneven.

Their solution is to replace the rotors.  According to them this is
*not* covered under warranty!

So the questions I have are,

1)  Does this sound right?  Do the rotors rust if you don't drive everyday?

2)  Shouldn't a problem like this be covered under warranty?  Infrequent use
     is hardly a misuse of the car!

3)  Should I get 3rd party brake rotors?  I'm sure they will perform better on
     the track.  But what about this crazy rusting problem?

4)  Any other advice?

Cheers,
Sam
97 M3