Re: cooling system problem

Mark,
Sure sounds like the radiator. The fact that the overheating can be
controlled suggests partial blockage to me. Bet it cools down a little when
you wind it out.

BTW, I just did a little 95K (actually, 100k) work on my own E30 -- new
shocks/struts all around, shock mounts, control arm bushings, driveshaft
flex disk. All were worn out except the shocks/struts. Also changed the
driveshaft center bearing (may not have needed it) and muffler, which was
the original after 13 years of driving.

I dunno if you've done any of the above...I'm just suggesting that it may be
time to start looking for wear at these points.

HTH,
Russ

End of bmw-digest V9 #1504