Re: storing BMW 3-5years

Several things you'll want to do.

get some OLD tyres. Leave the car on it's wheels, with the OLD tyres (You
may be able to sell your current ones - they will die before you get back).
All the fluids will need to be changed.

I'd also visit this site:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4000
click on "Tech Info", and then "Resuscitating and Mummifying a Beetle"

It's a W site, but it has a section on storing cars. It doesn't deal with
water/coolant issues, because the VW has none :-) You will want to replace
the coolant with brand new BMW brand or better coolant.

It would pay to get somebody to give the car a good bounce now and then to
keep the shocks lubed, open the doors every now and then, but NEVER start
it - a lot of condesation will occur. The engine will need to be turned to
keep the rings from sticking into the bores, and to circulate a little oil.

Maybe you know someone you can entrust the car to? The cost of paying for
them to use it (servicing/tyres/etc) will prolly be less than the repairs
when you get back :-(

Allan :-)
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9040/
"How do I set my laser printer on stun?"