RE: E36 Radio Code

kabookie@domain.elided asks:

> My battery was very low, and starting the car drained enough
> juice that the radio reset itself and required the code. I
> thought I remembered it, but after 3 tries, figured I'd better
> cool it in case it would lock itself for an amount of time.

You figured it too late.
3 incorrect code entries is the threshold for the stereo to go into a coma.

> Well, when I got the code and entered it, the radio wouldn't
> unlock. So I took both radio fuses out for almost 24hrs.
> Plugged 'em back in and the radio won't take the code.

The whole point of radio rendering itself temporarily inoperative is to make
it less attractive to thieves. If you think about, the procedure you
followed closely resembles what a radio would go through if it was stolen
(removed, no power, plugged back in). So you should not have been surprised
to find out that you tricks did not work.
To awaken your head unit, drive around or leave ignition on for 60 minutes.
Enter the correct code afterwards.

alex f