Summary - E36 Radio Code

My original question was regarding unlocking the radio after entering the
code too many times.

Thanks to everyone who responded (and is still responding today). I stumbled
onto the solution by attrition, but many of you had the right idea, and the
latest responses are right on the nose of what I did this weekend:

Leave the radio on (showing "Code" on the display) for an hour, then punch
in the code. (And don't just leave the key on - take advantage of the
"excuse to drive for an hour")

Thanks again. You guys rock.

- -Kabookie