pulsing during slow movement on e35

Just bought a 1989 520i auto and its generally good,
except that when I release the brake and let it creep
forward, I can feel a pulsing movement, as if either
the engine is producing a pulsing torque or the
transmission has got a sticky type of slip problem.
Also, the brakes seem to lose power boost after I stop
and and creeping forward and release and step on the
brakes a couple of times. Is this symtomatic of a
accumulator problem or is it just because the exhaust
or vaccum hose is not connected to the accumulator
properly?