HP 22 (E34 automatic) reliability question

So I just bought this 89 535I and it has the HP 22 automatic.(Didn't see any
"E" after hp22) It has 118K
 miles on it now. I have read much about this automatic. 4 speed with  A E M
switch positions. Most of what I read
is that " They all fail by 130K miles or so". I also got an e mail,
something about having it
cleaned and some springs replaced, so that they won't break, and then it
won't fail.
 This car looks like new. I bought from a lot so I never met the privious
owner, but the car is a 10.
I can tell (no service hist available yet) it has been properly dealer
serviced and very well cared for. It runs
perfectly, no engine vibration from idle on up. No squeaks or rattles. No
shakes. Stops straight.
The transmission seems to work perfectly as well. (So far) I have heard the
stories of suddenly having 5 neutrals
 and 1 reverse, or just weird behavior. Should I....