Re: E30 318is suspension help

Hi,

I have an '87 325is with 100kmi. I take it to bmwcca drivers schools and
felt the suspension was not tight enough, too much body roll, etc. Last
year I swapped the 14" wheels out for 16" wheels with wider, lower
profile tires. This made a big difference at the track.

I just finished replacing the springs/shocks but can't comment on
differences felt at the track since the 1st track day is 4/7, but I can
definitely feel the difference when driving around town. I went with
Eibach pro-kit and Bilstein sport shocks. I did the job myself using
info in the Bentley book, Roundel, web sites and others. There were some
tricky spots. I am willing to pass this info along to anyone interested,
just send me an e-mail.

The new springs/shocks lowered the car between 1-2", greatly reducing
the unsightly wheel well gap. I haven't made any other changes to the
suspension but most likely will make changes to bushings and maybe add a
strut tower brace in the future. The shocks I took out of the car were
Bilstein, I believe they're original equipment but since I'm the 2nd
owner I don't know for sure.

Kevin
'87 325is (can't wait to try new suspension on the track!)