Re: ABS

ABS make the cars easier to control when braking. If you have to swerve you
can still brake, because the ABS will help keep the wheels turning and help
lateral grip - prventing the car from spinning/sliding due to locked wheels
(It will NOT help if you corner too fast and overcome the car's "limit")

Be aware that ABS will often *increase* stopping distance, but you can still
steer the car. If you find yourself in an emergency situation, remember to
turn to avoid objects if you have ABS.

Without ABS you will need to take your foot off the brake pedal to turn - if
the wheels are locked you will probably head in the same direction, or spin.

ABS is a good thing - just remember to turn to miss things!

You may have a very simple to fix problem, such as dirty sensors, or encoder
rings, bad connection or even a temporary software problem.

I'm not sure what model car you have but check out http://www.bmwe30.net
there is someuseful info on ABS and what to look for, and check the links to
other sites too.

Allan :-)
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9040/
"How do I set my laser printer on stun?"