E28 Transmission Bolt Reply

Hello Scott,

You posted:
< There was a posting here a week or so ago about having a problem =
removing the top bolt from an E28 transmission bell housing (manual; =
Getrag 260/6).  I'm having the same problem, and don't remember seeing =
any follow-ups. Would the requester send me any information he might =
have gotten from digesters?  My tranny is knitted to the engine with =
torx bolts, so I'm hoping to find some way to get a socket on the upper =
bolt.>
Shortly after I posted my question about the top bolt, I went back to =
the garage to take another look.   With the transmission lowered I found =
that you can see the bolt if you look from behind the transmission =
output shaft.=20

This turned out to be one of the easier bolts to remove using about 3 =
feet worth of extensions on the socket wrench.

Good luck,

Carl Runion