Re: <E-30) OBC

Hi (Terry/Mike ?)

It's two days since you posted your message, so maybe you've found the
answer already, but I had the same problem. There's a little adjustment
dial (variable resistor or capacitor) in the bottom left or right corner of
the OBC. There's a little round plastic cover over it with a small hole in
the center. You can pry it out with a paperclip or needle or something and
then you can insert a small screwdriver. Drive the car until the orange
fuel tank empty light comes on and then adjust the thing. First press the
1000 and 1 button on the OBC simultaneously so that it will display how
many liters of gas the OBC thinks are in the tank. Then adjust the thing
until it displays something like 11.5 liter (I think, or whatever else is
supposed to be there when the orange light comes on).

That fixed it (to my surprise). The range display still isn't really
precise on my car, but it does work. Maybe your OBC is a newer version and
they got more accurate. On my car, it's just kind of a gimmick.

Good luck,

Michiel (87 325es <http://www.monmouth.com/~jmvw/cars/BMW/> )