Re Used Auto Parts

The following is from an article in Microsoft Network (MSN).

"...what I pass along ... is a handful of online used-car-part
intermediaries or networks. My advice: Try them all to find the lowest
price. Don't forget to take into account shipping and tax. If nothing else,
you can always use the prices you find to negotiate with your local mechanic
or body shop.

CarNet Network (carnetnetwork.com) happened to be the first site I tried ...
It is straightforward, professional looking and easy to use. You fill out
some information, e-mail it and wait to hear back. (Actually, that's how
most of them work.) ... impressed by two of the affiliate sites: A-1 Recar
(a1recar.com) and Calstate Auto Wrecking
(autoskill.net/dws/calstate/index.htm).

 PartPro (partpro.com/partform.cfm), on the other hand .. seemed like a
helpful site, but happened to be part of a larger company called Autoskill
that, even more confusingly, was in the business of yard management as well
as car parts... Go straight to the "auto part locator" button.

Automotive Accessories Connection (accessconnect.com) is another large,
sprawling site that is mainly informational. For parts, you're best off at
the "links" page where you can click on a maker.

...BMVW (BMVW.com) specializes in parts for Asian and European imports, as
does All Foreign Auto Parts (allforeign.com)...

FindPart.com takes a slightly different approach and organizes its search by
part type. Even owners' manuals are on the list. There is also a FastParts
form for people who aren't quite sure what category they should be in, and a
QuickPart search for those ...who actually know the part number they want.

... the used car-parts classified ads at Direct Auto (directauto.com). The
site has a parts finder, too, of course, plus a chat room if you
register..."

Hope of interest to some in group.

Pat Dargan