E28 TRX 220/50/r390 = NO TRACTION!

I just had an accident last night here in Missouri.
My old '86 528e with a couple mods hit a light pole when I spun out of
control......only hit the light going around 25, but the survival of my
"baby" is uncertain.  The cowel and rocker look severely damaged, and the
right front door is toast.  Whew, I'd give the 528 a 50/50 chance of
survival.

But, she took it well, I've never seen a car take that much of a hit with
such minor consequences.

Sorry, about the WOB, anyways, I was wondering why in the world that my
TRX 220's get ABSOLUTLEY NO TRACTION in the snow.  I literally mean NO
TRACTION!  And I seem to get a false sense of traction, too, don't know
quite what to do with this one...

Any info/suggestions (besides snow tires) on this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Eben Shantz BCCA#163464

'86 528e with 88k, and an uncetain future
(Think it's time for an upgrade, NAHHH!)