528e running idling rough

Hi.  I have an 83 528e.  I wrote about how I had changed the timing belt.  I also
changed the cap, rotor and
plugs.  It is still running rough.  Not any worse than it was before I changed
everything, but not any better.
When I removed the plugs, they were black with carbon.  I don't think they were
really fouled, they looked
cleanest on the electrodes.  I replaced them with bosch platinum plugs and gapped
them to 0.024, which is what the
specs I got from autozone said.  That is a pretty close gap.  I probably was plus
or minus about 2 thousandths with my gapping tool.  The car idles worse and stalls
when hot.  It seems to start up better when cold.  I read in my
Bentley manual that this sort of behavior points to fuel system and injector type
problems.  Anyone have any
ideas of what to look at first?

Thanks

Mike Ahern