Indicator lights (Turn signals)

This is going to sound pretty stupid but I can't figure it out.  I have two small electrical problems with my 1983 533i.

1) The indicator light on the right front flashes at twice the proper rate.  I have replaced both bulbs (although both seemed fine) and it still continues to do it.  What am I missing ?

2) The main beam on the left front doesn't come on.  Neither bulb.  Yet in dipped mode, all seems fine.  I didn't want to run out and replace the headlights without being sure they were blown and to be honest they both look fine.

I can not see any blown fuses in the box under the bonnet so what else am I missing ?

Thanks in advance - Damian Horner.

Win a Sony AIBO at...
http://www.everyone.net
Make Your Site Stronger(TM)