classless and arrogant response

I would like to make this reply my final reply to Mr. Chuck Shimkus with
regards to his 2 emails that I was offended by.  I do not want to, nor
intend to in any way, use the BMW Digest as a "flaming tool" towards
another person.
  The basic facts are as follows:
  1.)  Not understanding that my 1987 325 contained MacPherson struts,
which are very difficult and dangerous to deal with, as the springs are
under such high pressure, I was not aware that the 4-5 hours of labor,
special tools, and the costs of the shocks that I want to have
installed, i.e., Bilsteins, was about a $600.00 job at my shop.  I have
installed shocks before myself, but, have never installed shocks that
were within MacPherson struts with high-pressure springs.
  2.) Offering to sell me Boge shocks for $50 each, which have been
used, no matter what mileage, and as I do not know how the vehicle was
driven, would be a gamble on my part.  I openly said that I wanted
Bilsteins, and not Boge shocks.
  3.) Mr. Shimkus's remark "not to jump on you about this, but if you
wanted to pay GM prices for shocks, you should have bought an American
car".  This remark is an absolute joke!  Of course he is offering his
arrogance towards me.  I guess that I don't quite understand why Mr.
Shimkus prefaced his sentence with "Not to jump on you about this".  In
other words, Mr. Shimkus was actually "jumping on my case about this",
which is inexcusable.  A better response would have been, "It's
unfortunate, but German engineered vehicle parts are more expensive, and
we all have to live with that fact."  Then, going with the "GM Card" was
like "If the glove doesn't fit, then you must acquit."
  4.) Mr. Shimkus then goes on with the statement that his comment about
my previously owning a Volvo, and understanding that Volvo parts, labor,
etc., equal those of BMW's, "may not have been out of line".  Mr.
Shimkus, is your "apology" really "sincere", or just a way of clearing
your irresponsible behaviour, using your work email to basically bash
me, while wasting valuable time at work?  I don't see where using your
work email to flame me was being a productive person at work.  I think
that I have said enough, and I still am very offended by your
harrassement towards me.  I trust that you have learned a valuable
lesson, please do not "degrade" others, and follow it up with an
additional email that is offensive, after I plainly asked you to leave
me alone.  Learn to treat other people with respect.  If you have
knowledge about something that another person is asking about, then be
kind, and help that person.  After all, you learned from someone else.
I doubt that that person that you learned from was arrogant towards you.

To all of you on the BMW Digest, I regret this incident, I did not start
it, I just want the slate cleaned.  If I have offended anyone, please
let me know, and I will unsubscribe, as this has been very upsetting to
me.
Regards,
Bob Pace