Windshield Leak Fixed- Thanks To All

hello,

well i posted here a week or two ago about water leaking into my '83 320i. i had
several replies stating my problem was the windshield gasket. well turns out
everyone was right. after opening my glovebox i found it was full of water and
after peeling up the floor mat i found serious water and mold on the passenger
side floorboard.

i ordered the gasket from bav auto for $40 and my friend jim installed it for me
last weekend. there were a few little spots of rust under the gasket but he
killed them off. the leak cleared up but the interior smelled like hell. i
pulled the carpet and soundproofing out. this is a real job with the a/c system
in the way. i cleaned everything up and dried it out. i added an air freshner
and the mold smell is gone and the carpet is not damaged.

i just wanted to say thanks to all for the accurate diagnosis on the leak. it
saved me time, money, and possibly my carpet. i just need to replace my owner's
manual that was damaged in the glovebox flood.

thanks,
jeff