RE: heavy left foot

MPower6008@domain.elided sez:

> <<  <E36> clutch life >>
>
> The clutch on my 95 325is lasted about 30Kmiles, it was not
> abused, never seen a track day, just usual BMW low quality
> product

The clutch on my 89 325i is still original after 170K miles. Judging by the
relative lack of 5sp clutch threads on all BMW digests over the E36 life
span, I would have to guess that you, Henry, have a very heavy left foot.
BTW, did you know that BMW hasn't manufactured a transmission in years
(ever?)
ZF 5-speed transmissions have been fairly reliable. The ZF4HP22 automatic is
another story.

> and I have evidence that the wear and tear on the clutch was
> due to bad material, but BMW NA was at no help what so ever,

Perhaps you should post your theory, not the innuendo, on the digest.
That way it will either be validated or debunked by the digesters who know a
ton more about ZF transmissions then either you or me.

> ended up suing the dealer, and lost the case, "I guess the
> judge was their costumer,"

Or though you were wasting court's time. Post your arguments, and we'll find
out.

> expect something between 700 to 1000 for a new one at
> the dealer.

The above will account for the parts price (used to rebuild).
Now add labor, and you will be looking at $1.5-2K.

alex f