RE: Rear defogger repair

> Only (2) bars (wires) work on my son's E30 '90 325i rear window
> defogger. Do any of you guys know of a simple way to fix this.
> I have done the Bentley check with a multimeter, but didn't know
> if there was a simpler way.

Richard,
Go to the nearest auto parts' store and buy their defogger element repair
kit. The kit should cost you around $5.
Then use your multimeter to test for continuity breaks in each defogger
line. Typically, the break is at the corners where the horizontal and
vertical lines meet. Mask the area of the break with scotch tape and paint
over it with the repair kit substance (ie: follow the instructions).

alex f