525iT questions

It looks like I may have to get something for the family and was thinking
about getting a 535iT.  I was wondering if anyone has info on the 93
version.  Unfortunately, they all seem to be automatics.  One question I
have is the engine.  In the Turner Motorsport ad, they claim that they can
get more horsepower from the 93 version over the 92-89 version.  Was there a
change in 93?  Also, I noticed that they have a self-leveling rear
suspension.  Is that prone to problems?  Any other impressions would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Charles Lee
cyclee@domain.elided
85 535i 194K