re: 525iT questions

> It looks like I may have to get something for the family and was
> thinking about getting a 535iT.

AFAIK there were no "big 6" tourings imported into the US, only V8s (530)
and "little 6s" (525).

> I was wondering if anyone has info on the 93 version.

I have a '93 525iT.

> Unfortunately, they all seem to be automatics.

AFAIK that's true, unless it was imported by a private individual.

> One question I have is the engine.  In the Turner Motorsport ad, they
> claim that they can get more horsepower from the 93 version over the
> 92-89 version.  Was there a change in 93?

'93ish was when the M50 got VANOS.

> Also, I noticed that they have a self-leveling rear suspension.

Yup.

> Is that prone to problems?

Mine's ok so far (110K miles) , but it does seem to limit the suspension
upgrade options. My understanding is that the OEM rear shocks are very
expensive to replace.

> Any other impressions would be appreciated.

The double panel sunroof breaks and it costs about $2K to fix. The wiring
harness in the tailgate breaks, fortunatly it doesn't cost much to fix.
At drivers schools, some other drivers don't seem to like getting passed
by a "station wagon" :)

- --
Joel Gallun
'93 525iT