Re: E30 Clock / Temp Gauge Flashing

Jim:

I have the same problem with the clock / temp display device in my '86
325ea.  When I push the device in with a finger the flashing stops for a
moment / hours / days.  I assume the circuit on the circuit board has a
break and it becomes intermittent based on the temperature / expansion of
the board.  I experience more flashing when it is warm.  Try pushing in in
the middle of the board (not on a switch...) and see if that helps.  I
replaced the SII board batteries and it didn't help.  I believe the two
components are completely independent of each other.  Maybe some day I'll
buy another clock / temp display unit if it goes out completely!  God forbid
I would have to look at my wristwatch!

Mike Wylie
BMWCCA
86 325ea
95 M3

"I have a problem with the digital clock/temp gauge in
my '87 325.  Most of the time the display flashes
random patterns.  When I push and hold the time button
it will display the correct time for a few seconds and
then go back to flashing.  I recently replaced the
service indicator batteries and the instrument panel
seems to work OK.  Does this problem sound familiar to
anyone?  Jim Leach  Oceanside, Ca."