<E34> Turn signal Stalk

I'm posting this a second time to see if  any others can help.

I can't get the OBC to work, to display on the dash, using the turn
signal stalk on my '92
535i. Does anyone know if the stalk can be disassembled in order to
check out the insides of the switch...or do I have to replace the
complete assembly? I have removed the steering column covers & all wires
seem to be connected. I can hear & feel the 'click' when I depress the
turn signal stalk. Is there a way to check the (2) wire that come out of
the stalk. I assume that these are the ones that operate the Dash OBC.
Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks, Richard V
'92 535i 5 speed