Help - Need info on 1984 318i Purchase

Hi,

I am looking at a 1984 318i sedan as a second car.  Here is the particulars:

2-Door, PS, PB, PW, with 145K miles.  Car is in good condition.  No service
records, but this is a $2,000 car, not $20,000.

Before I look at the car this Sunday, what should I scrutinize the most?

I've owned an old 320i years ago and the motor should be the same and they
were about as bullet-proof as any motor built.  The auto trans doesn't
thrill me, but the car is to be used as basic transportation.  We already
have a 911 Carrera 4 for fun and a 93 325i for those nice days, so I don't
need high performance, just good reliability and safety.

Any help would be appreciated.  Please respond directly to my E-mail.

Thanks in advance,

Marv
- --
debequem@domain.elided