Re: <E36> euro headlights

Greg:

For your E-code head lamps.

 1) There is a small light within the high beam.  Does this function as

parking light, or city light?  What circuit does it get connected to?

This is a "city light" and should be spliced into your parking light on
each side. If you look at the following URL you can see the setup running
on my E34.  The other side goes to ground, it does not matter which side
is which.

</color>

2) I assume only one of the two ground wires needs to be used, or is
the

current too great when both lows & highs are on?

Hook up both grounds and if not using stock wattage bulbs; seriously
consider a relay setup with heavy gauge wires.  Dans web site is great
for the instructions.

</color>Good luck with the project.  BTW to "fool the auto check if you
have one use 1 or 1.5 watt 1K resistors in the factory wiring harness.
Post me privately and Ill help you with any other questions

Jeff