<E36> euro headlights

I am in the process of installing a set of European ellipsoidal headlights
on my '94 325i.  The euro lights require wiring connection revisions since
there is a single connector with four terminals, instead of the separate
low/high connectors as on the US lights.  Questions:
1) There is a small light within the high beam.  Does this function as a
parking light, or city light?  What circuit does it get connected to?
2) I assume only one of the two ground wires needs to be used, or is the
current too great when both lows & highs are on?

Thanks for any help any of you can give.

Greg Williams
gaw@domain.elided
Lake Oswego, OR