Re: E28 Lip Rolling

Charles,

BTDT. With the 225/50s on 15s, I used a die grinder to grind off the fender
lip. You can take it down to the spot welds. Its important to reseal the
bare metal edges, and to keep a close vigil aftrewards, or they'll rust.

I'm suspicious of being able to roll the fender lip w/o cracking 15 year
old paint.

YMMV.

Regards,

Doug "off the brakes - on the gas" Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars, 750I bushing and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars,
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors, Holbert Cool brake,
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips and camber plates - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!