Re: 1973 - 2002a rear breaks are *smoking*

James Stone <acen@domain.elided> writes:
> The haynes manual suggests this might be due to air in the hydraulic system,
> wheel cylinders seized, or the hand brake cables are too tight.

  In my case, it was due to the cylinder at the wheels being seized.
  But good!

  Fortunately, it is easy to determine whether it is the hand brake
  cables (if you loosen the cable at the handbrake, can you feel the
  slack at the brake?) or the cylinder (can you move the pistons by
  hand after disassembling and opening the bleed screw slightly?).

  ps. Note the correct spelling of brake.

- --
Bill Wohler <wohler@domain.elided>
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.