RE: TOOL MUCH?

>     This may seem a little anal, (but there seems to be no shortage of
> that here) but I have a 85 318i with an empty tool box, the one on the
> trunk lid.  Could someone with a digital camera send me a shot of the
> tool set so that I might rebuild mine  .... or tell me to get a life.

Morrie,
	The tools are helpful if you break down in the middle of nowhere.
Otherwise they are highly overpriced and very cheap in quality.
	If you still want them, try to get them used from a totaled car.
They are typically gone by the time a car is towed into a junk yard, so the
body shops is the first place to look. Go to your local body shops that work
on BMWs (ask at the dealer if you don't know any) and ask around if they
have any totaled BMWs on the lot. You may find this surprising (I know I
did), but the shop will gladly strip the tools from a totaled car and
give/sell them to you.
	At least that's what happened to me after a few tools had gone
missing after some minor work was done on my wife's car at a highly
reputable Dallas shop. I asked them do buy me the replacements at the
dealer. Instead they went down the row of 1/2 dozen totaled cars before
finally founding one with the $15 BMW screwdriver and $20 pliers still in
the toolkit.

YMMV, etc
alex f