E36 Headlamps + Heated mirrors.

Hi,

My 99 318IS has a small problem with the near side headlamp.   Condensation is
forming on the inside of the cover.   I spoke to my local dealer who said that
all E36's have the same problem and that it's a bit like a green house in the
headlamp and due to the temp changes condensation will form.   Now, on closer
inspection I can see what my dealer means about condensation forming as both
lights do build up a thin layer of moisture that is soon evaporated by either
the sun or when the lights are on.   But my near side lamp has far more
condensation than the other and that it won't clear at all during the day.   My
question, does anybody else have this problem and is it normal as stated by the
dealer.

Also, my off side mirror does not clear as quick as the other and I am wondering
how I can test to make sure that it is working as it should, I have not yet
spoken to dealer about this as I would like to take some ammunition with me if
you know what I mean.

Any help or advice would be appreciated and sorry if this is a WOB.

Thanks in advance.

Matt Baker
89 320I
99 3181S