Re: 533i Oil pan fix

Ilia,

Been there, done that. To get at the pan you have to drop the front cross
member, while supporting the engine from above. Requires any number of
special BMW tools. Once the cross member is off the pan unbolts, and can be
sent out to be welded. My Panzer mechanic had no problem doing this.

Once the cross member is back on, you'll need to re-align the front end.

As for the drive shaft there are ads in the Roundel for rebuilt
driveshafts. You are a member of BMWCCA aren't you?

Regards,

Doug "off the brakes - on the gas" Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars,
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors,
Holbert Cool brake,
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips and camber plates - I'm blindingly
fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!