RE: New Subscriber w/ a few questions:

> I recently purchased a 1990 325IC.

congratulations!

> I've only performed maintenance to make the car reliable. So,
> far I've replaced cap, wires, rotor, plugs all belts and hoses,
> brake pads and rear shocks.

	This is a common misconception that changing the plug wires is
either desirable or improves performance. It doesn't, at least not on BMWs.
You will be hard pressed to find better spark wires then the stock Bosch
ones. Unless the original wires failed Bentley tests (you do have a Bentley
manual: http://www.rb.com, don't you?) or you replaced them with new Bo$ch
spark plug wires, put the old ones back on!
	Also, did you replace the rear shock mounts with the shocks? If not,
that's your source of the clunking noise when going over bumps.

> 1.  There are low break material detectors which my aftermarket
> break pads do not support (i.e., they do not have the wire attachment).
> Of course I went ahead and put the new pads as I was eager to take
> a cruise in the mountains and also hoping that the system would not
> light the dash light. It did.

The sensors are nothing but a closed loop wire. One on the front left wheel
and another at the right rear. As pad wear out, the wires gets cut and the
instrument cluster 'brake lining' light goes on. To get rid of the light,
take the old sensors and short the circuit at the plug. Insulate the weld
and plug the connected back in. The light will be gone.

> 2.  Significant hesitation just off idle when accelerating.
> I was hoping the tune-up and induction cleaning would clear
> this up but it did not. Any ideas?

I am not sure what was performed during 'tune-up', but we really need more
details on your hesitation. Is this a constant or intermittent problem? How
is your idle? Does the car run rich/lean (check the spark plugs, exhaust
color, etc).
BTW, what new plugs did you put in the car? If it were the 'Bosch platinum'
or anything other then Bosch W8LCR ("Super") or W8LSR? ("silber") plugs that
may account for some of the problems.
For other question, first check out the BMW FAQ:
http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/new_bmw.html

> 3. The automatic transmission goes from first to second in
> the first... well lets say 5-feet. unless the throttle is
> wide open it just take advantage of the high end torque. Is
> their an adjustment in the transmission or throttle body
> anything to allow each gear to hold to higher RPM's without
> flooring the car and trigging the transmission step-down?

I don't believe so.
To engage

> 4. Where can I buy reasonably priced parts??

There is a TON of places to buy good aftermarket BMW parts. One is
http://www.ultimategarage.com Go there if you don't know what you want and
Steve will not only sell you what you really need by explain why and how to
install it. For other places, check the BIG BMW link site:
http://www.bmwlinks.com/

have fun,
alex f