RE: anyone replace 325e clutch fan with electric?

> I'm interested in hearing any comments, pros, cons, for installing an
> electric fan in place of the clutch fan on my 1986 325 e30.
> Any thoughts on this, directly or on list?  TIA

Rod,
	If you manually switch it on/off it will soon become an major
hassle.
	If it runs all the time regardless of ambient temperature, it will:
a). force more load on the alternator => more load on the engine => fewer
horses to drive the rear wheels
b). be a nuisance in the winter as the engine will take forever to get up to
operating temperature (no heat among other things ;-)
c). a spare hydraulic clutch is only $65 from http://www.ultimategarage.com
and eliminates all of the above issues.
	If an electric switch turns on/off with an auxiliary fan, then
what's the point of having two electric fans?

alex f