Re: BMW's GPS Technology

Hello Abunde,

I don't know too much about GPS, but I do know that the GPS receiver needs
be able to receive the signals of several satellites. All radio receivers
need an antenna of one form or another (even BMW receivers). So it must be
that the designers did a nice job of hiding it.

Maybe it uses the FM/AM radio antenna? I think GPS uses pretty short waves.
That means the antenna can be short too. The antenna could be hidden in one
of many things that stick out a little (like rearview mirrors, windshield
wipers or rear window defroster).

Michiel