Re: resetting si lights

Hi Mariano,

I think your SI batteries may need replacement too. It's how I knew mine
(M20B27 in a 325es) were done, I couldn't reset it anymore. I never saw the
tach jumpyness that people talk about, btw. You should be able to find
instructions on how to replace the batteries in several places (but let me
know if you need a pointer).

I think your speedometer problem is unrelated. It sounds like there are
some dirty contacts somewhere. Try cleaning connectors by removing them and
plugging them back in several times in a row. Also try the connector on the
speed sensor on the final drive.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Michiel ('87 325es <http://www.vramp.net/~jmvw/cars/BMW/ )
PS: cc'ed to the list in case I'm saying something stupid.