RE: resetting si lights

> I have been having some perplexing probelms with my car, I
> have a 1990 BMW 525i with an M20 engine (2.5 single overhead).
> I was trying to reset my si lights on my dash by connecting
> pin 7 to pin 19 as indicated on some of the aq's, but have had
> no result. Has this happened to anybody else and is there
> another way I should try.  I am also having speedometer problems,
> sometimes, not very often, it desides to quite working for a
> while, and then all of a sudden it kicks back on and works fine.
> Is anybody having the same problems, and could they be related??
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mariano,
	If you SI batteries are dead, resetting the lights will not work.
Eventually the SI lights will start glowing on all the time, the then MPG
and tachometer gauges will start quitting. The same may be the case with the
speedometer.
	Replace the batteries, then reset the lights. I suspect that will
cure all the problems.

alex f